|Banknote of 2015 Announced|
New Zealand's 5 Dollar Note has been chosen by the IBNS Membership as the Banknote of 2015. The nominations are now open for the Banknote of 2016 and the first nomination is Maldives 1,000 Rufiyaa Note.
|IBNS Journal 55-1|
is on its way to the printers and should be with Members in the next few weeks. Can't wait for the postman? Login to download your copy. Topics include: Albert Pick, Mozambique, Portuguese Colonial Note Issues and Euro Banknotes
|Banknote of 2015 Voting|
Voting for the Banknote of 2015 is open until 23:59 BST Sunday 20th March 2016.
|Albert Pick Dies|
It is with great sadness that we have been informed of the death of Albert Pick, 93, on 22nd November 2015. He created the eponymous numbering system still in use today, alongside the original Standard Catalog of World Paper Money.
The International Bank Note Society (IBNS) has awarded its 2012 Book of the Year, for a book published in 2011, to Banknotes of British Malaya: The Frank Goon Collection by Frank Goon. The announcement was made at the Annual General Meeting of the IBNS in Memphis, Tennessee, USA in early June.
A celebration of a unique collection of banknotes, assembled over a period of 20 years by Mr. Frank Goon, a prominent Malaysian businessman. It is the most comprehensive collection of its type, spanning many eras of change within the lower area of South East Asia.
The collection includes many unique notes, never before seen in print; partially printed proofs, beautiful hand-executed essays, colour trials, specimens and issued notes, from the early private bank notes of 1856 to the present day.
This long-awaited celebration forms a lasting testament to this magnificent collection, as well as being an essential introduction to a new and exciting collectors market. This publication will become the benchmark and reference work for all old, new and future collectors of South East Asian banknotes.
• Private Banks of the Straits Settlements - Notes included from 1856 - 1903
• Private Issues of Malaya and Sabah - Notes included from 1878 - 1936
• The government of the Straits Settlements - Notes included from 1898 - 1935
• Sarawak - Notes included from 1861 - 1940
• British North Borneo - Notes included from 1884 - 1942
• Malaya - Notes included from 1939 - 1946
• Malaya and British Borneo - Notes included from 1953 - 1966
• Bank Negara Tanah Melayu - Notes included from 1962 - 1966
• Malaysia - Notes included from 1966
• Singapore - Notes included from 1967
• Brunei - Notes included from 1967